A Leibster is an award for bloggers with under 200 followers and the idea is to introduce new blogs to the big, big blog world. I was so excited she chose my blog- please make sure to check out her's (her baby daughter is a-dorable!).
So, here's what you do:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you with their link.
2. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions set for you.
4. Choose blogs you love with less than 200 followers and link their pages to your post.
5. Create 11 questions for them.
6. Notify your nominees.
So, here are my 11 random facts....hmmm...
1. My favorite show ever is Lost. Brian and I watched the entire series during rainy days while living in Taipei (it rains a lot there).
2. I hate having the hiccups- it makes me so mad.
3. I love watching scary movies and getting really scared. After the lights go out, I get so freaked out but it's still so fun to watch them. When I visit home in Kansas City, my little bro and I save a bunch of them to watch together!
4. I lived in the same house in Kansas City until I was 19.
5. I'm a huge fan of Neil Diamond and know the words to all his songs. I so regret not seeing him in concert when he came to OKC during my senior year of college- I would have made a sign.
6. I'm re-reading Wuthering Heights right now.
7. I spent a summer in Vancouver BC and think it's the coolest city ever. I would love to live there with Brian someday.
8. I'm really bad at most sports where you have to be coordinated!
9. I try to do yoga every day even if it's for just five minutes. I really believe in the healing effects that yoga has on the body, plus it makes you strong and calm.
10. When I first met my husband, I thought he had the nicest legs I had ever seen :)
11. I recently discovered how cool houseplants are and then I bought like 15 of them.
And now for the 11 questions set for me:
1. What is your favorite food? Onion rings. I love them I love them.
2. What is your favorite time of the year? It used to be spring, but now I would actually say winter. I adored all of the beautiful snow in Salt Lake City this year. My favorite thing is being downtown during Christmastime when it is snowing, and bundling up against the cold.
3. What is your favorite quote? Seek God first and everything else will fall into place. Also: The key to a happy life is a grateful spirit.
4. What is your favorite book? White Oleander by Janet Fitch, The Red Tent by Anita Daimant, and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
5. Big wedding ceremony or elope? We had a small church ceremony, but it also would have been fun to elope!
6. How would you describe your basic life philosophy? Love God and others deeply from your heart.
7. Best decision you ever made? Marrying Brian!!!!! It's true!! Also, traveling while we were young- moving overseas right out of college.
8. One future goal? Become fluent in Mandarin Chinese. Visit/live in Taipei again and be able to speak fluently.
9. City or country? Brian always says country, but I say CITY!!
10. If you could try out any job for a day, what would it be? A yoga instructor, a nurse, a travel guide
11. What is your favorite animal? My puppy Samantha, the best dog in the world!
So, here are the three awesome blogs that I am choosing to nominate...
Crystal of Carpe Diem Crystal
Sarah of Crooked Stripes
MyLyn of Island Mama Wears
I love your blogs, you three! They are each so inspirational and fantastic in their own unique way!
(Bloggers I nominated, just use the same three questions I answered. Thanks!)
This picture was taken just about 2 years ago. We love the beach!