2.01.2014

We went to Sundance... again!

One of the best things about living in Salt Lake City is that it's just a 30 minute drive to Park City.  Park City has beautiful and enormous Ski Resorts, clean fresh mountain air, lots of shopping and restaurants... and the Sundance Festival once a year!

We go to Sundance with our friends each more mostly to see celebrities, but each year we really give it a strong go and try to get into a movie.  This year we didn't even all make it onto a wait list (despite all our hard efforts!) but we had just as good of a time as if we had actually seen a movie.  I love the feeling of Park City during Sundance.  The streets are packed with people and the restaurants and coffee shops are all super full.  The sun was out this year and while me and my friends were waiting for our husbands and we actually got really warm and had to take off our coats- lovely.
Then the other Brian had to squish into the very back of the car and I couldn't stop laughing and then we lost our husbands for about two hours while they were parking and it was crazy, then everybody was making fun of me because I had to pee like 8 times in 30 minutes.  I couldn't stop laughing during Sundance!
Taking a break
 With Liz and Sarah-  I'm already planning to put a copy of this picture in the baby's nursery because I love it so so much.
 Gorgeous sunshine after lunch.  We went to a little Greek restaurant for lunch with the best falafel salad (I've been craving it ever since and tried to recreate it at Mad Greek.  That was gross and just wasn't the same.)  Also, that night before we left PC we got the best appetizers for dinner at the Wasatch Brew on Main Street.  Fried calamari, chips and queso, coconut shrimp... it's like torture right now because I'm so hungry!
My friend Amanda was asking me if I've been super emotional or sentimental while pregnant.  I've heard lots of pregnant women say that they cry at sweet commercials (that has happened a few times... the Coke commercial with the little baby and then the couple find out they are having another one.  So sweet and funny.) and that they get sentimental thinking about the new baby.  I told Amanda that I mostly feel just kinda generally gushy about Brian while I'm pregnant.  Sometimes when I'm with him and don't feel well I get cranky with him, but other times I keep hugging and kissing him and it really makes him start laughing.  Also, if I'm away from him and hear a sweet song or whatever it makes me cry thinking about how Brian will be a really wonderful dad and how he is such a good husband to me.  I know it's sappy but I want to remember how I felt while pregnant.  I think that once I start feeling the baby kicking, or see a sonogram of it looking more like an actual baby (up until now my sonograms have just shown a little lump with a cute heartbeat) that I will become more sentimental about the baby, but right now it's Brian all the way haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a fun day, and I'm still thinking about that falafel too!