8.15.2013

Roadtrip!

At the canyon overlook- just a short little hike with a gorgeous view.
Brian and I took a 5 hour road trip to Zion National Park last weekend and did tons of hiking- that is our kind of trip!  I used to love vacations with lots of shopping and still do, but I think my favorite kinds of vacations now have opportunities to do active things... hikes, kayaking, anything like that.  I think I might have absorbed that habit from Brian, but really like it.

I thought Zion was going to be super rugged or something, but it kind of reminded me of a nature-y Disneyworld.  The whole park was really clean and these convenient shuttles that ran about every 5-10 minutes (you can't drive your car into most areas of the park).  There were also a bunch of great little restaurants, and stores where you could rent gear. We used one to rent our waterproof bag for our camera when we hiked the narrows.  Also, there were a lot of employees and rangers walking around who would answer any of your questions about the hikes- so helpful!  We really loved our trip and want to go back to do more of the hikes.



Driving into Zion on Friday morning. We spent Thursday night in Hurricane, about 30 minutes outside Zion.
Night drives with our favorite music.  Love road trips.  
Hanging out at the hotel pool



Our hotel was awesome- I would totally recommend the Hampton Inn in Springdale.  It took about 5 minutes to drive into Zion National Park from our hotel.  Also, they had the best breakfast at the hotel which was really nice when you are planning a big hike for the day.
I want to put more pictures of Zion up later- there are so many to go through!
 A couple of weeks ago we went to Oh Mai with our friends on a Monday night.  This is one of my favorite restaurants in Salt Lake and I really like their Thai iced tea.
 My iced tea yummm, and our friends got a red bean drink which was really good too, even though I usually don't like the read bean flavor.
 Then we all got a little loud at the restaurant and I was cracking up and it was such a fun night.  Love these guys!
I love this.  And I'm realizing that I might have a habit of slightly overusing the word "love," but oh well.  But anyway, I like those moments when you are worrying about something or letting your mind circle around and around something, and then you stop and think how short life is and just let it go. 
2 Corinthians 4:18 The Message  "The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow.  But the things we can't see now will last forever." 

No comments: