5.06.2014

29 Weeks (a little late, as usual!)


 How far along are you?  Well, this post was started at 29 weeks, the picture above was from 27 weeks, and I'm 30 weeks!
How are you feeling?  Feeling really good.  Feeling like there is so much to be thankful for right now.  Last night at a Cinco de Mayo dinner, my friend Liz said, "this is such an exciting time for you guys right now," and I feel like she is absolutely right.  Babies bring tons of responsibility and it's even stressful planning everything for their arrival, but there is also such a sense of excitement, love, and longing to meet them.  I feel a lot of joy because of this baby.  He was so wanted, and I already love him so much- I wonder how that feeling will grow even more after he is born.  It took Brian and I a while to be able to start a family and I remember feeling really discouraged at times and wondering if we would even be able to have our own children.  That period of waiting was tough and has made me even more thankful for every part of being pregnant.
Also, feeling so grateful for the most beautiful baby shower that my family in Kansas City threw for me this weekend.  I can't wait to post pictures and record everything about it.
Planning: My parents are arriving in two weeks and they are going to stay for a few days and help us ready the house for the baby (thank you!).  Some things on the to do list include:  organizing baby boy's closet, buying and putting together his changing table, putting the curtains up in his room, and starting on a few decorations.
Best moments: Brian and I starting our birthing classes (they will be every Thursday evening for one month), Brian playing the guitar for baby boy last night (Ben Harper, his favorite), getting to see my family and friends in Kansas City this weekend and spending lots of time with them (and convincing my girlfriends to get instagram!!).
Craving: Jalapenos, fruit, bagels and cream cheese from Einstein Bro's, being able to easily roll over in bed
Practicing baby snuggles with my friend Sam's little girl.

No comments: