7.10.2010

Do you read what i read?

Books we've read in Taiwan:
Brian's





Rachel's

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: Amazing- one of the very best books I've ever read in my life. I cried for like an hour after finishing it :)


Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert: Good- inspires you to travel and eat really good food!


Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte: Wonderful and so romantic. I wanted to start reading through some of the classics, and I started with this one. The classics definitely take longer to get through because of the (to me) difficult language, but they are well worth it.


Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisburger: Good, for a girly beach-reading book :)


Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisburger: The same- a good girly-girl book


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: So good- a WWII story told from the perspective of a little girl living in Germany. Tells about her life growing up, the Nazi party in her city, and how her family secretly hides a Jewish man. And it's written from "Death's" perspective- so it's narrated by "Death."


Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin: My second "classic"- I love this book so much


The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards: so- so


Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger: Pretty good- kinda weird


Gone With the Wind by Margaret MItchell: I read this book because it's one of my Gram's favorite books, and I absolutely loved it. My Gram has excellent taste in lots of things :)


The Reader by Bernhard Schlink: Very good- I loved the movie and the book as well.


Moonlight on the Avenue of Faith by Gina B. Nahai: This book is amazing and strange and really cool. It's about a family's life in Iran, but it's written kind of like a fairy-tale.


Right now I'm reading The Dogs of Babel by Carolyn Parkhurst: Just started it. About a man ( a linguist professor) who tries to teach his dog to speak after she is the only witness to his wife's death.


I've really loved having all of this extra time in Taiwan to read. It's one of my very favorite things to do, but during college there was never any time to read novels. I wanted to read a book every month in Taiwan, and it's been really nice!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

some great books! Eric has read a lot of those! You guys must be brothers or something! :) miss yall and love you!